Some restrictions apply.
DESCRIPTION OF THE CONTEST: The Contest to Design the Official 2019 Illinois Institute of Technology 2019 Tech Spirit Shirt (the “Contest”) is intended to (1) promote Illinois Institute of Technology, and (2) provide an opportunity to recognize such efforts. To enter the competition, Participants (as defined below) must submit a proposed design for a T-shirt that conforms to each of the following requirements and includes the following:
- Art submitted as an EPS file (vector-based, photographic images only—make sure to convert fonts to outlines in Adobe Illustrator; click here for instructions on how to convert fonts to outlines);
- High-resolution PDF of art (be sure to include both an EPS file and PDF file);
- The design must not contain tasteless, offensive, or vulgar content.
No Participant may submit more than one entry. Judges will choose, in accordance with these Official Rules, the winning design from the entries submitted as provided for in these Office Rules (each an “Entry”). The Participant who designed the winning Entry will be profiled by personnel from Illinois Institute of Technology’s Office of Marketing and Communications and that profile will be used by Illinois Institute of Technology, as it determines appropriate in its sole discretion, in connection with various marketing, advertising, and promotional activities of Illinois Institute of Technology, including those on the Internet. Each individual submitting an Entry as provided for in these Official Rules shall be deemed a “Participant”.
- SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by Illinois Institute of Technology–Office of Undergraduate Admissions (the “Sponsor”).
- BINDING AGREEMENT: In order to enter the Contest, Participants must agree to these Official Rules (collectively, the “Rules”). Therefore, Participants should read these Rules before entry to ensure they understand and agree to them. Each Participant acknowledges and agrees that his or her submission of an Entry in the Contest constitutes his or her free and knowing agreement to be bound by these Rules. A Participant may not submit an Entry to the Contest and his or her Entry is not eligible for selection unless he or she agrees to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between each Participant and the Sponsor with respect to the Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to any individual who is a currently enrolled student at IIT to participate who has also agreed to these Rules. IIT faculty members and staff are not eligible to participate, unless they are also enrolled as a full-time student in a degree program. Participants under 18 years of age must demonstrate that they have the consent of a parent or legal guardian for submission of their Entry in order to be eligible for the Contest and to receive any prizes.
- CONTEST PERIOD: Subject to the submission deadlines set forth in Paragraph 5 of these Rules, the Contest begins on Monday, March 18, 2019 and ends on Friday, May 10, 2019 (“Contest Period”).
- SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES: In order to submit an Entry to the Contest, a Participant must submit his or her design by Friday, May 10, 2019 (the “Submission Deadline”). Entries received after the Submission Deadline may not be considered. It is the sole responsibility of the Participant to ensure that his or her Entry is received by the Submission Deadline. Participants my submit their respective Entries by Friday, May 10, 2019 to: go.iit.edu/tshirt. It shall not be sufficient to show that you commenced delivery before the Submission Deadline. The Sponsor is not responsible for and will not pay any costs associated with the preparation and submission of any Entry.
- JUDGING: Each Entry will be judged by a panel of faculty and/or staff of Illinois Institute of Technology. Decisions as to the number of judges on the panel and the identity of the judges will be made by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Each Entry determined by the judges, in their discretion, to be a design submitted in accordance with these Rules will be deemed a completed Entry. The judges’ decisions in the foregoing matters are final and binding. All completed Entries will be evaluated and ranked based on the following factors: (1) Creativity, (2) Originality, (3) Quality of Work, and (4) Marketability/Print Capabilities. The highest-ranked Entry will be declared the winner. Scoring by the judges shall be made in their sole discretion, and their decisions in such matter shall be final and binding.
- OWNERSHIP AND USE OF SUBMITTED ENTRIES; PRIVACY: By entering the Contest, each Participant agrees that: (a) the Sponsor will own the Participant’s Entry; and (b) as between the Participant and the Sponsor, the Sponsor will own all publishing rights, of whatever kind, in and to the Participant's Entry. Each Participant hereby irrevocably grants, transfers, assigns, and conveys to the Sponsor all present and future right, title, and interest of every kind and nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, all copyrights and moral rights to the Entry for commercial use and advertising and promotional purposes as well as the right, as it sees fit, to identify the Participant by name as the designer of the Entry. For the avoidance of any doubt, each Participant hereby acknowledges and agrees that he or she does not reserve any rights in his or her Entry. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, by submitting an Entry, a Participant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor may utilize the design on t-shirts and giveway and sell said t-shirts at such prices and by such means as sponsor deems appropriate without any further obligation of any kind to the participant.
- PRIZE: The Sponsor will publicly announce, by such means as it deems appropriate, the winning Participant as the designer of the Illinois Institute of Technology’s 2019 official T-shirt, and the winning Participant will be profiled by Illinois Institute of Technology’s Office of Marketing and Communication, which profile will then be used, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, in connection with various marketing, advertising, and promotional activities of Illinois Institute of Technology, including those on the Internet.
- TAXES: The prize awarded pursuant to this Contest does not have a cash value. NONETHELESS, THE WINNING PARTICIPANT IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL TAXES, IF ANY, OWED ON THE PRIZE AWARDED. SPONSOR WILL REPORT THE PRIZE AWARDED IF AND AS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: The prize is awarded without warranty of any kind from the Sponsor, express or implied, without limitation, except where this would be contrary to federal, state, or local laws or regulations. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Submission of an Entry in this Contest constitutes agreement by the Participant to the terms and conditions of these Rules. Decisions of the Sponsor and the judges are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest.
- WARRANTY AND INDEMNITY: Each Participant represents and warrants to the Sponsor as follows: (i) the Entry submitted is the Participant’s own, original, previously unpublished, and previously unproduced work; (ii) the Entry submitted is wholly original to the Participant; (iii) the Entry submitted neither infringes upon nor violates the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; and (iv) the Entry submitted does not and will not violate any applicable laws and complies with these contest Rules. Each Participant hereby agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold the Sponsor harmless from and against any and all third-party claims, actions, or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations, or agreements of Participant hereunder.
- DISQUALIFICATION: Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by any Participant concerning his or her identity, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, ownership of right, or non-compliance with these Official Rules or the like may result in the immediate disqualification of the Participant from the Contest. The Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any Entry that it believes in its sole and unfettered discretion infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party or otherwise does not comply with these contest Rules.
- ARBITRATION: By entering the Contest, each Participant agrees that any dispute, claim, or demand related in any way to the Contest will be decided by binding arbitration in accordance with the applicable rules of the American Arbitration Association. The venue for any dispute between a Participant and the Sponsors of whatsoever kind or nature arising out of these Rules shall be at a location selected by the Sponsor, but such location must be within the boundaries of Chicago, Illinois.
- ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNER: The winner of the Contest will be announced in Fall 2019.
- WINNERS LIST: The name of the winner will appear in Fall 2019 on go.iit.edu/tshirt.