Illinois Tech is proud to partner with the College of DuPage to create a seamless transfer path for COD students into select majors at Illinois Tech through our Guaranteed Admission program and articulation agreement.
Transfer applications are considered for students who are pursuing COD's Associate of Arts (A.A.), Associate in Engineering Science (A.E.S.), or Associate of Science (A.S.) degree and who apply for either fall or spring admission.
Dedicated support from Illinois Tech Transfer Admission Counselors
Through the FastForward to Illinois Tech program, you'll receive individualized support from an Illinois Tech transfer admission counselor who will guide you through the transfer process and help you plan out your course selection at COD and Illinois Tech.
Take courses at Illinois Tech and earn credits towards your Bachelor's Degree
Under this Guaranteed Admission program, students may be concurrently enrolled in both institutions. Prospective Illinois Tech applicants may take Illinois Tech "gateway" courses while they are enrolled at COD prior to transfer. These courses will be offered to COD students who have enrolled in the FastForward to Illinois Tech Program at a discounted rate of $100 per credit hour.
$25,000 College of DuPage Transfer Scholarship
Illinois Tech will guarantee the offer of a special transfer scholarship of $25,000 (prorated for part-time students) to students who are successfully admitted to Illinois Tech through the Guaranteed Admission program. This scholarship will continue to automatically remain in effect each year until the student completes his or her undergraduate degree. The scholarship will be applied on a prorated basis for any summer term or in any semester the student enrolls at part-time status. Students must maintain minimum academic standards to continue receiving this award.
To be eligible for the Guaranteed Admission program between COD and Illinois Tech, COD students must:
- Enroll in the FastForward to Illinois Tech Program at least one year before transfer.
- Apply to Illinois Tech by the August 1 (fall) or December 1 (spring) transfer admission application deadline.
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale at the time of application and continue to maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 upon graduation from COD or through the student's final term (applies for all Illinois Tech majors).
- Earn a minimum technical GPA of 2.8 or above for all relevant math and science courses (applies only for Illinois Tech majors in Armour College of Engineering and College of Science).
- Earn an associate's degree from COD or opt to earn associates degree via reverse transfer of credits from Illinois Tech at a later date. At a minimum earn 30 credit hours before transfer. These 30 hours must include:
- COD ENGL 1101 (or transfer equivalent). Must be earned with grade of "C" or better prior to transfer to Illinois Tech (applies for all Illinois Tech majors).
- For Illinois Tech majors in Armour College of Engineering and College of Science, at least one of the following COD mathematics courses: MATH 2231, 2232, 2232, or 2270. Must be earned with grade of "C" or better prior to transfer to Illinois Tech.
Contact an Illinois Tech transfer counselor at email@example.com.