Candidates competing for the Illinois Tech VEX scholarships demonstrate and aptitude for science, technology, and other STEM subjects. VEX scholars are eligible for a merit scholarship award of $25,000 per year for up to four years of undergraduate study (five years for Architecture).
To be eligible for an Illinois Tech VEX scholarship, candidates must qualify for undergraduate admission to Illinois Institute of Technology as a first year student. Students who are awarded a VEX scholarship may pursue any major at Illinois Tech.
- Be a senior in high school
- Have participated in at least one full season during your junior or senior year on a VEX Robotics team.
Steps to Apply
- Complete and submit an application for admission through the Common Application
- Complete the application form and upload the form and essay here, which will include
- A one page essay describing your involvement in VEX
- Your team and coach contact information
**Illinois Tech VEX scholarship application must be submitted no later than January 15 of a student’s senior year.
PLEASE NOTE: The VEX Robotics Scholarship cannot be combined with other Illinois Tech merit scholarships such as Heald, Chicago Police and Fire, FIRST Robotics, Duchossois, Camras, Crown, Collens, Leadership Academy, etc. If a student earns multiple Illinois Institute of Technology merit scholarships throughout the admission process, the university will award the highest merit award for which the student is qualified, but will not combine multiple awards.