Candidates competing for Illinois Tech FIRST scholarships demonstrate an aptitude for science and technology and an entrepreneurial spirit. FIRST scholars are eligible for a merit scholarship award of $25,000 per year for up to four years of undergraduate study (five years for Architecture).
To be considered for an Illinois Tech/FIRST scholarship, candidates must qualify for undergraduate admission to Illinois Institute of Technology as a first-year student. Students who are awarded a FIRST scholarship may pursue any major at IIT.
- Be a senior in high school.
- Have participated in at least one full season during your junior or senior year on a FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) team or a FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) team.
Steps to Apply
- Complete and submit an application for regular admission through the Common Application.
- Complete and submit the application below, which will include:
- A one page essay describing your involvement in FIRST.
**Illinois Tech FIRST scholarship application must be submitted no later than January 15 of a student's senior year.
PLEASE NOTE: The FIRST Robotics Scholarship cannot be combined with other Illinois Tech merit scholarships such as Heald, Chicago Police and Fire, VEX Robotics, Duchossois, Camras, Crown, Collens, Leadership Academy, etc. If a student earns multiple Illinois Institute of Technology merit scholarships throughout the admission process, the university will award the highest merit award for which the student is qualified, but will not combine multiple awards.