The Collens Scholarship provides full tuition and fees. It is competitive and offered to students who demonstrate a high standard of academic excellence, social service, and a desire to pursue a high-quality educational experience.
Collens Scholars come to Illinois Tech from public and charter high schools across Chicago, bringing greater knowledge and understanding of the communities around them. They are some of the strongest and most dedicated students in the city and on our campus.
Requirements for Consideration for a Collens Scholarship
- Complete and submit an application for regular admission through the Common Application by January 15
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), by January 15, using Illinois Tech's FAFSA code: 001691
- Graduate from a Chicago public/charter high school. Transfer students are not eligible.
- Demonstrate significant financial need with an Adjusted Gross Income of $60,000 or less or be Pell eligible through the FAFSA
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Complete verification process with the Office of Financial Aid
All majors are open to receive the Collens Scholarship. Most Collens Scholars have ACT scores that range from a 23-30, have an average weighted GPA of a 3.9, or rank in the top ten percent of their class.
Students awarded the Collens Scholarship will receive notification in their financial aid package beginning in March.
PLEASE NOTE: The Collens Scholarship cannot be combined with other Illinois Tech merit scholarships such as Elevate, Heald, FIRST Robotics, VEX Robotics, Duchossois, Crown, Leadership Academy, Chicago Police and Fire, Camras, etc. If a student earns multiple Illinois Institute of Technology merit scholarships throughout the admission process, the university will award the highest merit award for which the student is qualified, but will not combine multiple awards.