Your home life on campus is not just about being in class and studying.
IIT students work hard at their studies, but they also find time during their busy weeks for fun and involvement. Many are active among more than 100 available clubs and campus organizations, some join one of IIT's seven fraternities and three sororities, and others compete each year in the IIT Pumpkin Launch.
Athletics at IIT
Let’s talk sports. Varsity athletics has had a strong and proud legacy at IIT. Illinois Tech currently offers thirteen NCAA Division III varsity sports, including: men’s baseball; women’s volleyball and lacrosse; men’s and women’s basketball, soccer, track and field, cross country and swimming and diving.
IIT also offers club sports including badminton, cricket, cycling, fencing, flag football, lacrosse, martial arts, racquetball, rock climbing, and water polo. Want more? How about our campus disc golf course, and the bowling alley in The Bog?
Hear the buzz about what's happening on campus through social media:
Location, Location, Location — What's the neighborhood like?
- U.S. Cellular Field, home of the Chicago White Sox across the street
- Close to Burnham Park and 31st Street Beach on the Lake Michigan waterfront
- Cultural diversity, IIT is neighbor to both Chinatown and Mexican-centric Pilsen neighborhoods
- Accessible public transportation: two Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) elevated train lines, a Metra commuter rail station, and several CTA bus lines
- Only 3 miles to the center of downtown Chicago