You must demonstrate that you or your sponsor have available finances to meet the educational and living expenses while you are a student at IIT.
* Minimum dollar amount may vary based on any merit-based scholarships awarded.
To fulfill this requirement, you must:
- Complete the Financial Affidavit of Support form Financial Affidavit of Support for F-1 Students (International First Year and Transfer Students) Financial Affidavit of Support for J-1 Students (International Visiting and Exchange Students)
Financial Affidavit of Support for F-1 Students (International First Year and Transfer Students)
Financial Affidavit of Support for J-1 Students (International Visiting and Exchange Students)
- Either have a bank official sign and stamp Section IV of the Financial Affidavit of Support form OR submit an official bank statement demonstrating the amount of available funds. This bank statement must be on bank letterhead and signed and stamped by a bank official.
It is important to remember the following things when submitting your Financial Affidavit of Support:
• Proof of finances can only be demonstrated by funds in liquid cash accounts. Information such as salary letters, investment accounts, or stocks do not qualify as proof of availability of funds.
• If you are submitting proof of financing in an account that is not in your own name, you will need to have your sponsor complete Section III of the Financial Affidavit of Support form.
• You may submit bank statements from two or more sponsors. However, each sponsor must complete Section III of the Financial Affidavit of Support form.
• The bank statement you provide must clearly show the currency of the funds in the account. • The Financial Affidavit of Support is not needed for review purposes and can be sent in after you receive your admission and scholarship decision.
• If you have been admitted and received a scholarship, you may deduct your scholarship amount from the total amount of funds you are asked to demonstrate on the Financial Affidavit of Support.
Your Financial Affidavit of Support can be uploaded to your Application Tracker once you have submitted your application. You will only be able to upload one document, so you should combine your Financial Affidavit of Support form and bank statement into one PDF before uploading. Please note that this information is required to issue the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) form I-20 or DS-2019, which you will use to obtain an F1 or J-1 visa.