Are you looking for research opportunities at a tech-focused, world-class university?
Join us in the great global City of Chicago this summer for research experiences and academic training opportunities at Illinois Tech and with our partner institutions around the world.
Start your journey by reviewing the opportunities listed below and completing your application.
- College of Science Research Opportunities: Rob Ellis or the faculty instructor of the course
- Armour College of Engineering Research Opportunities: Bonnie Haferkamp or the faculty instructor of the course
- Other Elevate Opportunities: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Aid: email@example.com
- Housing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have been admitted to a research opportunity, you will receive an email with registration information. Registration begins December 21, 2018. Please follow the steps below to register.
REGISTRATION FOR ADMITTED STUDENTS
- Once you have been admitted you may register by logging into MyIIT at https://my.iit.edu. Your student ID (CWID), registration PIN and username will be emailed to you when you are admitted. It begins with an "A". Your initial password is: MMDDXXXX (where, MMDD is the 2-digit month and day you were born and XXXX is the last 4 digits of your CWID.
- Once you are in MyIIT, click on the “Academics” tab. Under “Registration Tools”, click on “Add or Drop Classes.”
- Select “Summer 2019” from the drop down menu, then click “Submit.”
- Look up the research opportunity that you have been admitted to and add it to your schedule.
If you decide to drop an opportunity, please login to MyIIT and follow the same process as when you registered. IIT does not automatically drop students who do not attend.
Illinois Tech Residence and Greek Life will be hosting students admitted for research opportunities on campus in McCormick Student Village (MSV). Once you have been admitted to conduct your research at Illinois Tech and you have completed the intent to enroll form the housing contract will be emailed to you. Should you have questions or need assistance during the Room Reservation process, please contact Residence and Greek Life by emailing email@example.com or by calling 312-567-5075.
If you are sponsored by group or a partner university please refer to https://web.iit.edu/student-accounting/payments/payment-methods/sponshorship Payments for student accounts can be made online or by mail. For security purposes, credit card payments are accepted exclusively through our online payment system. Your online student account as well as official bills can be found through the myIIT portal Finances tab by following the Manage My Student Account link.
We will have a welcoming and information session for all research students at 6pm the day of your check-in. In this orientation you will learn more about the campus, meet people, and hear from the consulate. Orientation will begin at 8pm on the Sunday of move-in and all students are expected to arrive prior to its start.