PreTrans is a program to help you learn all about engineering and how you, too, can become an engineer. PreTrans is especially geared toward minority and female high school students.
Each summer students are chosen to participate in a two-week learning opportunity with professors and advanced engineering students from Illinois Tech, but don’t worry No grades here! We hope that your curiosity and enthusiasm will inspire discovery!
Applicants must be current sophomores, juniors, or seniors at the time of application with a cumulative GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale. There are no exceptions.
July 16 - 27, 2018 Monday - Friday 9 a.m-3 p.m.
Illinois Institute of Technology
3201 South Dearborn Street, Alumni Memorial Hall
Chicago, Illinois 60616
- Acquire basic knowledge of civil engineering and transportation engineering
- Win gift cards from competitions
- Enjoy free lunch every day
- Engage in hand-on projects
- Opportunity to receive scholarships
- Create professional reports
- Have structured days, with weekday class meetings
Before filling the application form on the “Apply now” page, you need to prepare two documents: your transcript and an essay.
- You can request your transcript from your high school. Your transcript should be scanned and shared with Google Drive link. Also, you will be asked to enter contact information for your high school, especially the email and phone number of the office/individual who will be providing your transcript.
- A one-page essay is required from every applicant. Please briefly introduce yourself and experience and explain the reasons why you want to attend this program.
The final decisions will be made after May 1st, 2018. You will be notified via email. If you are admitted, you will be asked to tell us whether you will attend this program or not via email within three days. Late confirmation may result in losing your eligibility.
For More Information
Mr. Ji Zhang