The Illinois Tech College of Architecture is one of the largest and most international architecture schools in the United States. With over 800 students from fifty countries and more than 100 faculty members, the school itself represents the global metropolis in miniature. Our faculty are international prize-winning architects, scholars, and engineers. Beyond the College, the City of Chicago provides the inspiration and the testing ground for our explorations, as students learn directly from one of the world’s greatest metropolises.
Within this richly diverse context, students learn to define themselves as they progress through the curriculum, working toward ever greater levels of independence in their research, writing, and design. Illinois Tech College of Architecture is devoted to educating students to become Self-Constructors - individuals who define and educate themselves. Our curriculum stresses research, analysis, and synthesis as the fundamental skills that will allow our graduates to seize opportunities and explore new territories.
Our studio-based programs are guided by the idea of Learning Toward The Metropolis. Studio topics increase in complexity from basic building elements to the city itself. While urban contexts are emphasized throughout this progression, the scale of work grows along with our student's capabilities.
Graduate Degree Programs
- Master of Architecture
- Master of Landscape Architecture
- Master of Architecture/Master of Landscape Architecture (Dual Degree)
- Master of Science in Architecture
- Doctor of Philosophy in Architecture
Illinois Tech Architecture degree programs are recognized as among the best in the country.
- Master of Architecture ranked #7 in the U.S. by Midwest architecture firms.
- Master of Architecture program is the only program in Chicago to have a strong technical underpinning, emphasizing essential structures and engineering training synthesized with studio experience.
- Master of Landscape Architecture is the only professional M.L.A. program in Chicago.
Learn more about the College of Architecture.
Apply to Illinois Tech today!
Start your application here