You will be expected to finance your education for the duration of your study at IIT. Therefore, we require that you submit the Financial Affidavit of Support with your application to demonstrate your ability or the ability of an individual or government sponsor to finance your education. Tuition and fees may change each year, but you can view them for the current academic year.
You must demonstrate that you or your sponsor have available finances (minimum US$50,799)* to meet the educational and living expenses while you are a student at IIT.
* Minimum dollar amount may vary based on any merit-based scholarships awarded.
We are committed to enrolling a diverse and talented student body. International first-year and transfer students will be eligible for a combination of scholarship and grant packages, including merit based scholarships, housing award, and Phi Theta Kappa membership, starting at $10,000 annually. Each application will be automatically reviewed for merit based scholarship. This will be based on academic success, involvement in the community and other achievements.
An online currency converter may be helpful when determining the costs of attending an American university.
Online Funding and Scholarship Databases
- Searchable database scholarships.
- College Scholarships
- Fee-based scholarship application service.
- Funding for United States Study
- Database of over 500 scholarships, fellowships and grants for international students, organized and maintained by the Institute of International Education (IIE).
- Database of grants for training in the sciences and undergraduate science education.
- International Education Financial Aid
- Free searchable database of over 800 scholarships and awards for international students. Most are restricted to use at specific universities.
- Comprehensive listing of grants, scholarships, loan programs, and other financial aid information to assist college and university students in their pursuit to study abroad.
- Database of U.S. higher education institutions awarding scholarships to international students.
- Organization of American States' Leo S. Rowe Fund
- This program provides loans of up to $15,000 USD for undergraduate students in their last two years of study or any graduate student. It is for citizens of Latin American countries.
- NAFSA Financial Aid for Undergraduates
- This resource provides information primarily for students with nonimmigrant visas (F-1, J-1, etc.). Information for permanent residents of the United States is also included.
- Advice on how to apply for scholarships.
- US Department of State &endash; Education USA
- The Department of State provides support to a network of Educational Advising/Information Centers around the world. These centers advise prospective international students and other audiences on higher education and study opportunities in the United States.
- Fellowship Office of Policy and Global Affairs
- The Fellowship Office of Policy and Global Affairs of the National Academies administers pre-doctoral, dissertation, and Postdoctoral fellowship programs in research-based fields of study.
- The Foundation Center
- The Foundation Center is a fee-based website for institutional grant-seekers.
- Institute of International Education (IIE)
- IIE offers programs of study and training for students, educators, young professionals and trainees from all sectors with funding provided by government agencies, foundations, and corporations.
- International Research and Exchanges Board (IREX)
- IREX offers various scholarships, fellowships and grants to international students.
- MacArthur Foundation
- The John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation makes grants through four programs: Human and Community Development, Global Security and Sustainability, the General Program, and the MacArthur Fellows Program.
- Open Society Institute
- The Open Society Institute (OSI) of the Soros Foundation administers merit-based grants to international students.
- Rockefeller Foundation
- The Rockefeller Foundation offers grants in four program areas: Food Security, Health Equity, Creativity & Culture, and Working Communities.
- Rotary Foundation
- Rotary International offers a broad range of humanitarian, intercultural, and educational programs and activities designed to improve the human condition and advance the organization's ultimate goal of world understanding and peace.
- Social Science Research Council Fellowship
- SSRC fellowship and grant programs provide support and professional recognition to innovators within fields, and especially to younger researchers whose work and ideas will have longer-term impact on society and scholarship.