Candidates competing for Illinois Tech/FIRST scholarships demonstrate an aptitude for science and technology and an entrepreneurial spirit. FIRST scholars are eligible for a merit scholarship award of $20,000 per year for up to four years of undergraduate study (five years for Architecture).
To be considered for an Illinois Tech/FIRST scholarship, candidates must qualify for undergraduate admission to Illinois Institute of Technology as a first-year student. Students who are awarded a FIRST scholarship may pursue any major at IIT.
- Be a senior in high school.
- Have participated in at least one full season during your junior or senior year on a FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) team or a FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) team.
- Submit an application for admission to IIT.
How to Apply
- Apply to IIT as a first year student.
- Download and complete the Illinois Tech/FIRST Scholarship Form
- Submit a one page essay describing your involvement in FIRST.
- Have a FIRST adult team leader submit a letter of nomination (in addition to the letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor as part of your IIT application).
**Illinois Tech/FIRST Scholarship forms, essay and nomination must be submitted along with your IIT application to be considered.
PLEASE NOTE: If a student earns multiple Illinois Institute of Technology merit scholarships throughout the admission process, the university will award the highest merit award for which the student is qualified, but will not combine multiple awards. For instance, the Illinois Tech/FIRST Scholarship may not be combined with a previously awarded Camras, Collens, University or Heald Scholarship.