The Collens Scholarship provides full tuition, books, and fees. It is competitive and offered to students who demonstrate a high standard of academic excellence, social service, and a desire to pursue a high-quality educational experience.
Collens Scholars come to IIT from public and charter high schools across Chicago, bringing greater knowledge and understanding of the communities around them. They are some of the strongest and most dedicated students in the city and on our campus.
How to apply
Apply to IIT as a first year student.
Requirements for Consideration for a Collens Scholarship
- Submit IIT first-year application by January 15
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), by February 15, using IIT's FAFSA code: 001691
- Graduate from a Chicago public/charter high school. Transfer students are not eligible.
- Demonstrate significant financial need with an Adjusted Gross Income of $60,000 or less or be Pell eligible through the FAFSA
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Complete verification process with the Office of Financial Aid
All majors are open to receive the Collens Scholarship. Most Collens Scholars have ACT scores that range from a 23-30, have an average weighted GPA of a 3.9, or rank in the top ten percent of their class.
Students awarded the Collens Scholarship will receive notification in their financial aid package beginning in March.
For more information, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission at email@example.com.