Visa Interview Appointment
Once you receive your I-20 or DS-2019 from IIT, you should complete the following steps:
- Pay the SEVIS fee. Please view the SEVIS fee chart.
For more information, visit the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) SEVIS I-901 processing website.
- Apply for the Student Visa. You may find helpful information on the EducationUSA website. Please note that Canadian Citizens do not need to complete this step.
- Questions? It is important to thoroughly review all information on the Embassy's Consular Section website for local procedures and instructions. Please let us know if you have any questions about the process.
Visa Wait Time
Make sure to plan accordingly as visa applications are subject to a greater degree of scrutiny than in the past. The U.S. Department of State provides you with an estimate of Wait Times to get an interview appointment to apply for a visa.
Canadian citizens do not need student visas to study in the U.S.; however, you do need to obtain an I-20 (or DS-2019) from IIT. As soon as you receive the I-20 (or DS-2019) you should pay the SEVIS registration fee.
When you cross the border to study in the U.S. you will need to provide the Officer at the port of entry:
- Proof of identity and citizenship (a Canadian passport for example)
- The original I-20 (or DS-2019) certificate
- Proof that you have paid your SEVIS fee
- Proof that you have the funds to pay for the school that you plan to attend
- Proof of your ties to Canada
For additional information please contact the IIT International Center: email@example.com