Get a first-hand introduction to basic concepts and practices common to engineering while developing a solid foundation for future study.
- Hands-on projects and demonstrations
- Communication skills, computer applications and the ethics of the engineering professions
- Two credit hours of transfer credit for the course ENGR 100
- Credit may be applied to the Illinois Tech engineering curriculum as a technical or general elective
Course completion does not guarantee admission to Illinois Tech. Credits may or may not transfer to other colleges and universities.
July 11 – July 20, 2017, on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
$1,000 USD per student
Completion of one year of high school Physics and Algebra II.
Illinois Institute of Technology
Mies (Main) Campus
10 West 32nd Street, Chicago IL
Why Take This Course?
For high school students considering careers in engineering, Introduction to Engineering and Design is the perfect way to test drive the rigors of studying engineering and explore professional career opportunities available after college graduation.
The short summer program also lets you experience what it's like to study and play on Mies (Main) Campus at Illinois Institute of Technology.
More About Engineering and Design for High School Students
Introduction to Engineering and Design teaches students to apply scientific and engineering knowledge to real-life situations.
- Research a problem
- Design a solution incorporating both scientific and engineering understanding
- Construct a related project.
Problem solving skills, scientific inquiry, and the engineering design process are emphasized throughout the course. Students will be encouraged to explore multiple solutions to a single problem.
For More Information
Email email@example.com or call 312.567.3025