Welcome! The following information will help you learn about the application and admission process for graduate programs in IIT's Armour College of Engineering, College of Architecture, College of Science, Lewis College of Human Sciences, School of Applied Technology, and Stuart School of Business.
First, check the application deadlines for your desired term of entry. For the earliest admission decision we encourage you to complete your application as early as possible. For students that are interested in receiving financial support from IIT, your application for admission is also your application for financial consideration, and no additional paperwork is required.
The application process is completely online and does not require shipment of any documents. Carefully review the application checklist to learn what is required to complete your application.
Make arrangements for testing (e.g., the GRE, TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE exams) early. After your scores are available it may take a minimum of two weeks for IIT to receive your official score. Please allow adequate time for processing when scheduling your exam. If your standardized exam scores do not meet the minimums required for admission consideration, consider retaking the exam(s).
After you have submitted your application, you will receive a CWID within 5 business days. The CWID will allow you to access the Applicant Portal and submit your remaining application materials, including your academic credentials, letters of recommendation and professional statement.
Be sure to check the Applicant Portal to monitor the status of your application! Your application status is updated in real-time and the Applicant Portal will have the most up-to-date information on your application.
- After selecting and completing an application for admission, you will receive an email confirming submission of your application and information on next steps. Please remember to add emails from our office to your safelist.
- When completing the application verify all information is accurate and your name appears exactly as it is written on your passport or government issued ID. It is also important to provide as much information as you can, including test registration numbers and dates if available.
- Check the Applicant Portal whenever you receive an email from us. If we are unable to accept your uploaded documents for any reason, you will be required to re-upload the documents before your application will be considered for admission. After your documents are verified and accepted, it can take 4-6 weeks for a decision.
- You will receive a first notification of a decision via email.
- If admitted, you will learn about the steps needed to complete your enrollment at IIT!