Welcome! The following information will help you learn about the application and admission process for graduate programs in IIT's Armour College of Engineering, College of Architecture, College of Science, Lewis College of Human Sciences, School of Applied Technology, and Stuart School of Business.
First, check the application deadlines for your desired term of entry. For the earliest admission decision we encourage you to complete your application as early as possible. For students that are interested in receiving financial support from IIT, your application for admission is also your application for financial consideration, and no additional paperwork is required.
The application process is completely online and does not require shipment of any documents. Carefully review the application checklist to learn what is required to complete your application.
Make arrangements for testing (e.g., the GRE, TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE exams) early. After your scores are available it may take a minimum of two weeks for IIT to receive your official score. Please allow adequate time for processing when scheduling your exam. If your standardized exam scores do not meet the minimums required for admission consideration, consider retaking the exam(s).
After you have submitted your completed application with all information and documents, you will receive an email confirming this; if we still are missing test scores or letters of recommendation, you will also receive updates on these needed documents. You can also check the status of your application and documents in your online Application Portal and also by the “App Tracker.”
- After completing an application, you will receive an email confirming submission of your application and information on next steps. Please remember to add emails from our office to your safelist.
- Prior to submitting your application, verify all information is accurate and your name appears exactly as it is written on your passport or government issued ID. It is also important to provide as much information as you can, including test registration numbers and dates if available.
- Check your portal whenever you receive an email from us. If we are unable to accept your uploaded documents for any reason, you will be required to re-upload the documents before your application will be considered for admission. After your documents are verified and accepted, it can take 4-6 weeks for a decision.
- You will receive a first notification of a decision via email, then you will get a hard copy of your admission letter.
- If admitted, you will learn about the steps needed to complete your enrollment at IIT via email.